Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My december

As I hear Linkin Park song:

this is my december
this is my time of the year
this is my december
this is all so clear

in the background while I finish up some "end of the day" office chores, I can't help trying to find a meaning in an otherwise vague song. December is one of my favourite months- holiday season and cold weather keep my spirits high. Christmas and "year end" buzz in US means less work in office too.

Magazines re-invent the wheels and try to throw up surprises on their covers for their annual "Best B schools", "Best companies to work for", "Most respected companies"surveys. Shopping malls do brisk business by offering heavy discounts (though I always have this suspicion they hike the printed prices before offering such discounts).

On the flip side, this is one month which probably makes more holes in the pocket than any other. Festive spirit means higher vulnerability to spend more, and a flood of "SALE!! SALE!! " means higher probability of getting knocked off by some of the offers even if you manage to ward some of them off..

But whatever it is, eventful December is. 3-4 more days, and it will be gone for one full year. Will wait for it again...

Now back to music:
this is my december
this is my time of the year
this is my december
this is all so clear

No comments: